This selection is intended to include all important
and all user-visible changes.
For a complete record of all changes, please see the "source-changes"
mailing list, called "OpenBSD CVS"
in the archives,
or use CVS.
For changes in other releases, click below:
Changes made between OpenBSD 7.0 and -current
- Reverted to use iwm(4) firmware v17 on Intel AC 7265, fixing instability issues on X1 Carbon gen3.
- Cached the old BSSID when roaming with iwx(4).
- Explicitly stopped iwx(4) Rx block ack when roaming between access points.
- Added support for 802.11n 40MHz channels to the iwm(4) driver.
- Added monitoring of 20/40MHz channel width changes in beacons sent by our access point, notifying drivers when the channel width has changed.
- Added support for 40MHz channels to net80211 RA.
- Fixed establishing legacy INTx interrupts on machines without a (usable) MSI interrupt controller.
- Merged bugfixes from upstream into less(1) including fixes for the prompt hiding feature (CTRL-P) and an integer overflow.
- Cached the old BSSID when roaming with iwm(4) so firmware commands can continue using it while roaming to a new AP.
- Stopped pkg_add(1) from communicating warnings starting with "XXX" which appeared to indicate errors.
- Ensured iwm(4) uses only the HT (high throughput) frame format for data frames.
- Allowed AUTH->AUTH state transitions in the iwm(4) and iwx(4) drivers again, needed if the access point uses band-steering.
- Removed the ifconfig(8) autoconfprivacy deprecation warning.
- Retired the Loongson platform.
- Fixed iwm(4) performance drop after roaming between APs in 11n mode.
- Applied a workaround in mvkpcie(4) to fix an external abort under load with athn(4).
- Added relicensed wireless firmwares from Realtek for rsu(4), rtwn(4) and urtwn(4) devices, allowing these devices to work without requiring a separate firmware download.
- Added a workaround for buggy athn(4) devices to prevent filling up the node cache when used in hostap mode.
- Made redistributable firmwares available across all architectures.
- Fixed memory leak in fuse(4) when calling namei(9).
- Fixed a panic when iwx(4) cannot find firmware at boot time.
- Released LibreSSL 3.3.5 and 3.2.7.
- Enabled X509_V_FLAG_TRUSTED_FIRST by default in the legacy verifier.
- Deleted expired DST Root CA X3.
- Prevented iwm(4) and iwx(4) attempts to transition toward the same state where this would result in a redundant or illegal state transition and a potential hang.
- Removed the constraint that fdisk(8) -b specified block count or block size must be greater than 63.
- Added support to pchgpio(4) for Cannon Lake H and Tiger Lake H platforms.
- Fixed a crash in tmux(1) when a session with multiple clients is destroyed but tmux does not close completely due to other sessions.
- Introduced gpiocharger(4), a driver providing support for battery chargers connected to GPIO pins, such as those found on the Pinebook Pro.
- Introduced gpioleds(4) for arm64, a driver providing support for LEDs connected to GPIO pins, such as those found on the Pinebook Pro.
- Reset the Tx timer upon validation of a BA notification sent by iwx(4) and iwm(4) firmware.
- Added support to umb(4) for SIMCom SIM7600.
- Released rpki-client 7.3.
- Removed wpath from less(1) secure mode pledge.
- Added iwx(4) Tx aggregation support.
- Added an ADDBA_OFFLOAD capability for wifi devices to manage Tx block ack sessions entirely in firmware.
- Released OpenBGPD 7.2.
- Cleared length of keys in vnconfig(8) alongside keys themselves.