OpenBSD/amiga used to run on the Amiga machines manufactured by Commodore.
It used to require a Motorola 68020 or better processor, with an external
Motorola 68851 PMMU in case of a 68020.
This left out models 500, 600 and 1000 which can not receive accelerator
The OpenBSD/amiga port has been
discontinued after the 3.2 release.
There is currently no one working on bringing this port back to life.
The source code is still available in the CVS Attic, and code can be found in
NetBSD as well.
Table of contents
The OpenBSD/amiga was initially derived from NetBSD/amiga in 1995, and
used to loosely track the NetBSD changes until 1998. Niklas Hallqvist also
wrote a new interrupt remapping system, improving average performance,
revamped the installation media, and ported the ISA bus support to a
big-endian platform, for GoldenGate II and CrossLink cards.
After a few years, due to the lack of users, this port was slowly left in
oblivion, although releases were still being made. Eventually, it was decided
to stop supporting it and remove the code from the tree.
- A1200 (requires an accelerator card with 68020+68851 or better)
- A2000 (requires an accelerator card with 68020+68851 or better)
PowerPC-based accelerator cards are not supported.
- A4000/A1200 on-board IDE controller
- ISA bridges
- GoldenGate Bus+ (aka GG2)
- ISA IDE and ATAPI with a supported ISA bridge
- SCSI controllers
- 33c93 based boards: A2091, A3000 and GVP series II
- 53c80 based boards: 12 Gauge, IVS, Emplant and Wordsync/Bytesync
- 53c710 based boards: A4091, Magnum, Warp Engine, Zeus and DraCo
- FAS216 based boards: FastLane Z3, Blizzard
- Video controllers
- ECS, AGA and A2024 built in on various amigas
- Retina Z2 and Retina Z3
- Picasso II
- GVP Spectrum
- Cybervision 64
- Ariadne I and II
- Via a supported ISA bridge:
- SMC/WD 8003/8013/8216
- 3COM 3c503
- Arcnet controllers
- Serial ports
- Amiga on-board serial port
- DraCo on-board serial port
- MultiFaceCard II and III
- PC COM ports attached to a supported ISA bridge
- Parallel ports
- Amiga on-board parallel port
- PC LPT ports attached to a supported ISA bridge
- Amiga floppy drive
- Amiga mouse
- Amiga-compliant joysticks
Getting and installing OpenBSD/amiga:
The last supported OpenBSD/amiga release was
$OpenBSD: amiga.html,v 1.48 2013/02/02 17:28:20 miod Exp $